Skip to main content

Converted but Unbroken Christians!

Converted but Unbroken Christians!

These Christians are converted but they have refused to be broken of
themselves to the Will of God! One example we have in the Bible is
Jacob! Jacob always loved to do things His own way! Although, he was
His covenant child, he still went on to deceive His brother and
cheated him out of His right! Later in Jacob's life, God renamed him
Israel, which means "he struggles with God."

In fact, Jacob struggled with God his entire life, as many of us do.
As he matured in faith, Jacob depended on God more and more. But the
turning point for Jacob came after a dramatic, all-night wrestling
match with God. In the end the Lord touched Jacob's hip and he was a
broken man, but also a new man. From that day forward, Jacob was
called Israel. And for the rest of his life he walked with a limp,
demonstrating his dependence on the Lord. Jacob finally learned to
give up control to God. Converted but unbroken Christians are workers
of iniquity. They claim to work for God; they claim to love God but
God is not pleased with them. {Excerpt from Mount Zion Film "Converted
but Unbroken)

Below are the following characteristics of an Unbroken Christian:

> Pride.
>Selfishness
> Stubbornness
> Not easy to be corrected
> They hurt and cheat others easily
> They have desire for recognition.
> They love the praise of Men than the Praise of God.
> They are lukewarm
> They ARE A LITTLE BIT GODLY AND A LITTLE BIT WORLDLY
> They want to be faithful to God & also faithful to the World!
> They want to use God to achieve their aim.
> They are restless
> They want to be first all the time.
> They give so as to receive in turn.
> They give those who can give back to them
> They want to be known for what they give or do!
> They love praise and honor of men
> They doubt everybody except themselves.
> They impute evil motives into the hearts of others.
> They are moved by what they see, hear or feel.
> They hide all that is wrong about themselves as if God doesn't see them.
> They justify their thoughts and failures.
> They are afraid to put out the failure of people for they fear of losing a place in the person's heart
> They are hurt and wounded by honest criticisms.
> They take revenge
> They are hot when others are well spoken of
> They are hot when others are promoted
> They rejoice at the Failure of others
> They resist being commanded but enjoy commanding others
> They change their mind easily because they make up their mind instinctively and are not led by the spirit because they refused to follow the Guidance of the Holy Spirit.
> They flatter people in order to get favor from them
> They will participate in a project only if the honor will come to them
> They cannot stand daily in the Presence of God for a long time so they pray short prayers!
> They are talkatives and at times they are also withdrawn.
> They always doubt God and His works
AND SO ON!!

To truly live for God is not easy but it is possible! It is possible
to live for Jesus in Faith! It is possible to be an holy, perfect
Christian! To attain this, we have to be like an earthworm whom has no
backbone of its own! Our backbone should only be God, he should be the
only one we depend on and we need to learn to live in His Will and
under His Control!

Prayer: Dear Lord, break me of myself! Break me and remold me for your
use! Touch my hip and make me Humble! I don't want to be struggling
with you anymore! I want to totally rest in your arms and peace! I
want to grow more and be more mature in Faith! Forgive me of all these
characteristics I have above which are taking me farther away from the
Cross! Help me to live more like Jesus!

Jacob's story teaches us how an imperfect person can be greatly
blessed by God--not because of who he or she is, but because of who
God is. No matter how unbroken you are, you can be touched by God! He
can make you into His fine clay pot!

The path of life is level for those who are right with God;
Lord, you make the way of life smooth for those people.- Isaiah 26:7
#LessonLearnt #ISurrenderAll #NewMercies #NewBeginnings

Comments

  1. I bless the Lord for this, my second time watching the movie but thus time it keep repeat the title and characteristic of a unbroken Christian to me. To the point I even dreamt about it all night, it that made me to search the scripture and online for more information, I don't want to be Converted but Unbroken. Thank you for the movie and the list, I will share with others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bless the Lord for this, my second time watching the movie but thus time it keep repeat the title and characteristic of a unbroken Christian to me. To the point I even dreamt about it all night, it that made me to search the scripture and online for more information, I don't want to be Converted but Unbroken. Thank you for the movie and the list, I will share with others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Broken Pieces 1

A boy was going for a walk. It was a Wednesday, Jerry was supposed to be in school just as his peers were, but things were no longer the same at home. Beverly his cousin was in coma and  his dad had become a drunk, his Mum, a nagging wife. Nothing seemed right anymore. So he decided, to take a stroll. Hoping it'd ease off the pain and anger he felt within. Two streets away from home, he heard a gun shot, three gun shots ; At the building where he was resting. The gate seemed to be ajar, so he walked in trying to figure out what had happened. He met his Mum lying helplessly in cold blood, someone had shot her, he tried running after the one who had shot her, but he had lost whomever it was, he went straight into the rooms searching, there was no one, except for himself and his dead mother. Her body had become all cold, how  did he get here in the first place? he wondered. There were sounds from afar, someone was in the house. "Jerry... " " Wetin happen ? &quo

Broken Pieces 3

It was Saturday, I was done with my chores, which were, fetching water from the well, sweeping the parlor and room. Lacing my boot before I head out to the field to play soccer. Dad’s phone began ringing.   “Hello” “Yes, I be Nnamdi, wetin happen?” “Chineke!” “Ewo…. Ewo!” “Ogini?” Mum asked. “Dad what is it? I asked confused” “Jerry” “Sir” “Chigozie” “Sir” “Your Uncle and Aunty just get accident” “Ehh!!!... Chineke me! ……. Life is funny isn’t it? Yeah it is, he bluffed and smiled, as he tried leaning on the prison wall. But it became ridiculous, when he stumbled on the truth. Beverly Parents were dead and buried. The accident that took place was indeed fatal. Beverly Johnson  had become an orphan, just in a twinkle. She began living with us. She had to adapt, for two years, when she’d be twenty years of age, to inherit her Father’s assets, it was willed so, and so it was. She was the only heir, and that left Dad and Mum too creepy. I was