Skip to main content

Broken Pieces 4


It made sense now, it all made sense now, He smashed his hands against each other.
“Argh! He busted out as he rolled on the prison floor.”

He tried killing the soldier but ended up killing his mother.
The soldier tried raping her, he wasn’t even sure if he succeeded, all he knew was he heard Beverly screaming Until he heard no more.…
“Young man, your life is in your hands. Choose one, destroy it or forever be happy with your life, which will you choose”

Mr Sola eyes bulged out as though, trying to frighten me. But I wasn’t frightened.

“Damn it boy!  I’m trying to help you… can’t you see what’s at stake here. Why did you kill you mother?
What were you doing in the room of Mr Ken Osita?”
Why was your cousin, the daughter of late Mr Johnson laying unconscious?
What had gone wrong that night?
Talk to me!!” Please…

……
It was time, the plea was the surge I needed. So I presented the broken piece of my life to Mr Sola.
…….

“What a pathetic story boy”
“What a dark world we live in, too bad! ”
“No Sir, with my heavy swollen bleeding cheek, I blurted out, the world is a beautiful place, it’s just the heart of some men that evil dwells there in.”
“How true, shaking his head convinced”
“You speak well, he appraised.”
“I manage to make books my friend, by reading and studying a lot Sir.”
“Wow, that’s good, Keep it up, Mr Sola said”

A month later I was released from prison, Beverly was still in the hospital receiving care, she had spent only five months with us, and this was the ugly fate that befell her. I was in the ward where she was receiving treatment.
“Chi how are you… she asked slowly”
There was a tired but friendly smile on her face, how he had missed seeing her smile. Prison walls had deprived him of so much.
“I’m fine Sweet Coz”
“ Barrister Henry told me all you had gone true, I’m sorry. How’s Dad?”

I never wanted to be silent, but that was all I could do, keep mute…

“Coz, please get well first, I managed to say"
“Jerry… She only called me Jerry when she was angry, I knew she was, already. The truth I could not say, and I did not know when tears rolled out my eyes, it was my second, but the first outside the bars, it was over a month, but now, I had to, I had held on for too long. Too… long."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Converted but Unbroken Christians!

Converted but Unbroken Christians! These Christians are converted but they have refused to be broken of themselves to the Will of God! One example we have in the Bible is Jacob! Jacob always loved to do things His own way! Although, he was His covenant child, he still went on to deceive His brother and cheated him out of His right! Later in Jacob's life, God renamed him Israel, which means "he struggles with God." In fact, Jacob struggled with God his entire life, as many of us do. As he matured in faith, Jacob depended on God more and more. But the turning point for Jacob came after a dramatic, all-night wrestling match with God. In the end the Lord touched Jacob's hip and he was a broken man, but also a new man. From that day forward, Jacob was called Israel. And for the rest of his life he walked with a limp, demonstrating his dependence on the Lord. Jacob finally learned to give up control to God. Converted but unbroken Christians are workers of ...

Must-have Conversation When Dating pt. 4 - Finances

Perhaps you are approaching marriage on a sound financial footing. You’ve finished your education, have been employed for several years, maybe even have some savings or own a house. Perhaps you are set – or so you think. But having enough money for a comfortable lifestyle is not all that finances in marriage is about. It’s also about power. It might not seem that way at first. The two of you might have every intention of sharing incomes completely. You certainly don’t see each other as people who will dictate how much money can be spent on a cup of coffee. But weird things can happen when money is merged. Old memories from our family of origin start to replay in our heads. You may agree that it’s fine if one spouse makes more money than the other. Then the primary wage earner sees the other spending his or her hard-earned cash on something like a NGN500 hair cut or a round of drinks at the club. One person’s necessity is another’s luxury. What if you’re not in the enviable pos...

Must-Have Conversations when Dating

As a dating or engaged couple, conversation probably comes easily. The two of you enjoy talking about just anything. Just about anything that is, except ugly disagreements. It doesn’t change much in marriage except there are more things to disagree about. You can’t run away from prickly conversations – for long. If anything, marriage accentuates the mild differences you have while dating. They can become serious disagreements once the initial excitement of new love becomes the comfort of secure love. Before you marry, consider “must have conversations” on these topics: Spirituality/Faith Conflict Resolution Skills Careers Finances Intimacy/Cohabitation Children and Parenting Commitment Family of Origin You’ve probably already talked about most of these topics – at least to some degree. Great! That should confirm your decision to marry. But don’t avoid topics that might be sensitive. This is the time to face difficult conversations and make sure you are on the same pa...